The AudioBox 44VSL is the second model in a new generation of PreSonus USB 2.0 audio/MIDI interfaces that take hardware/software integration to the logical next step. Using your computer CPU and PreSonus Virtual StudioLive (VSL) software, AudioBox VSL-series interfaces provide reverb and and delay effects and the same Fat Channel compression, limiting, semi-parametric EQ, and high-pass filter, as the PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 digital mixer- all with inaudible latency.
Furthermore, thanks to the power of VSL, the AudioBox 44VSL includes an 8x4 software mixer. As a result, with just an AudioBox 44VSL and your laptop or other computer running VSL, you can mix a studio session or a live show featuring, say, a guitar duo with vocals, a small band, a DJ rig with mixer and stereo synthesizer, or a panel discussion-all while monitoring and recording with or without real-time processing! And you can do it simply and easily, with no hardware mixer, no outboard effects rack, and minimal wiring, thanks to the tight integration between PreSonus hardware and software.
To top it off, while the classic PreSonus AudioBox USB is a fine-sounding unit, the new AudioBox VSL series sounds even better, with 24-bit, 96 kHz recording and top-of-the-line PreSonus XMAX preamps.
- 24-bit/96kHz, 4x4, USB 2.0 recording interface
- 4 Class A XMAX mic / instrument preamps
- 2 instrument inputs
- 2 balanced line inputs
- Balanced main L/R outputs
- 4 balanced line outputs
- Near-zero-latency monitoring with full effects and processing thanks toâ¦
- VSL (Virtual Studio Live): 8 x 4 ultra-low-latency software mixer with StudioLive 16.0.2 Fat Channel dynamics processing and EQ for each analog input and DAW return, plus two stereo effects buses with reverb and delay
- Over 50 Fat Channel processor presets for enhancing instrument and vocal recordings
- Analog monitor mixing with playback / input mix-control knob
- Clip lights for each channel
- USB Sync LED
- MIDI I/O
- Headphone amplifier
- Globally switchable phantom power
- Rugged metal chassis
- Rack-mountable in Â½-rack space
- External 12 VDC power supply included
- Includes Studio One Artist software with unlimited track count and over 4GB of third-party resources