The drum machine that started a music revolution.
As one of the most popular drum machines ever made, the SR-16 has been used by everyone from songwriters to live performers to remix engineers as their drum machine of choice. The reason is simple: it features a great selection of 233 realistic, natural drum sounds, offered both in dry form and sampled with our incomparable digital reverbs. Our exclusive Dynamic Articulation feature enables a drum sound to change its tonal content as it's played harder for truly realistic performances.
The SR-16 features 50 preset patterns that were actually played in by top studio drummers, not just programmed and quantized. You'll find enough built-in rhythmic variations (with A, B and two Fill sections) for composing complete arrangements, and you can create and save your own customized patterns and songs. Plus, the SR-16 also provides complete MIDI implementation, a footswitch input, flexible programming and editing features and velocity-sensitive pad buttons.
It's so easy to use that you'll be up-and-running and composing new music in minutes. Whether you need a songwriting partner or an accompanist for live performance, turn to the all-time world standard in drum machines: the SR-16.
- 16-voice polyphony
- 12 velocity-sensitive pads
- Over 200 drum and rhythm samples
- Dynamic Articulation is velocity-sensitive
- 50 preset rhythm patterns with A and B variations plus A and B fills
- 4 different rhythms in each pattern
- 24-bit sample/DAC resolution
- 20-255BPM tempo range
- 4 outputs
- Headphone output
- Audio Outputs: 4 (2 stereo pairs)
- Pads: 12 velocity sensitive (w/Dynamic Articulation)
- Sample/DAC Bit Resolution: 24
- Sounds: 233
- Sounds Accessible via Pads: 12
- Sounds Accessible via MIDI: 120
- Polyphony: 16 voice
- Panning: 7-position user programmable
- Velocity Response: 8 loudness levels via pads, 127 via MIDI
- Timing Resolution: 96 ppq
- Time Signature Range: 1-128 beats per pattern
- Tempo Range: 20-255 bpm
- Notes/Patterns/Songs: 12,000/400 (200 user, 200 preset)/100
- Kits: 50 user, 50 preset
- MIDI Program Change Response: Kit
- Sync: MIDI Clock/Song Position Pointer
- Footswitch Jacks/Functions: 2; start/stop, count/A/B/fill
- Other Features: Sound stacking, step editing, stereo samples with reverb and ambience
- Dynamic Articulation: Modulates tone
- Power: VAC External Transformer, UL and CSA Approved
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) 9.25"x1.5"x6.5"