When you get a Focusrite OctoPre MkII, you're not just adding a set of eight great-sounding microphone preamplifiers to your rig; you're upgrading the potential of your entire music production setup. At an outrageously low cost, you get eight of the same kind of expressively musical preamplifiers that have made the Saffire Pro a total hit, plus each channel on the OctoPre MkII is equipped with truly useful extras. Whether you're expanding your recording rig or adding a bank of high-quality pres to your live setup, we're sure you'll be impressed with the incredible value of the Focusrite OctoPre MkII.
Focusrite built the OctoPre MkII with ADAT optical outputs, which are perfect for expanding most recording interfaces. In fact, most of us add microphone preamplifiers to our rigs so that we can track an entire band at once. To do that, we need enough preamplifiers to cover the whole band, including the drums. The OctoPre MkII's preamps are perfect for drums with all of the dynamics needed for high SPLs and -10dB pads to keep the volume under control.
- Same Focusrite preamps as found on the Saffire Pro range
- 8 award-winning Focusrite preamps
- Built-in 8-channel 24-bit/96kHz digital outputs (ADAT)
- Mic pres optimized for tracking drums
- 2 quality hi-Z instrument inputs
- 5 LED input metering on every channel
- -10dB pads on every channel
- Direct (line) outputs on every channel
- Rackmountable with detachable rack ears
- 48-volt phantom power available on every channel
- State-of-the-art clocking solutions