The MIDAS PRO1 is an innovative live digital mixer that packs tons of functionality into its compact, lightweight, and roadworthy aluminium frame. The PRO1 is effortless to configure and operate, with a full-color 15" display screen that's easy to view in daylight. If you're already a MIDAS user, you can even load your existing showfile straight into the PRO1 - no matter which MIDAS digital board it was created on - and continue your session. With its outstanding sample-synchronous audio quality, superior ergonomics, and intuitive workflow, you'll savor working on the MIDAS PRO1.
MIDAS PRO1 Digital Mixer at a Glance:
- This board sounds amazing
- Delay management - and why you need it
- Your investment is protected
This board sounds amazing
MIDAS's reputation for superb audio quality is the result of over 40 years of development and research. The company has endowed the PRO1 with top-shelf components and technology developed from their class-leading XL8 board. The PRO1 boasts 96kHz 40-bit floating-point processing throughout. Its 27 mix buses are time-aligned and phase-coherent. But impressive specs only begin to tell the story of what this board sounds like: amazing!
Delay management - and why you need it
The PRO1 employs MIDAS's proprietary delay management technology. OK, so why is that a good thing? Digital processing takes time to run - usually just a few samples, but never none. ADCs and DACs have much larger delays (typically a few milliseconds), so if you've used analog insert points, the channel in question will be delayed relative to the others. The problem is, combining signals in this way can lead to the summing of signals that are partially out-of-phase, causing nasty comb filtering. All MIDAS digital mixers feature soup-to-nuts automatic time alignment to correct path-related delays, plus automatic compensation for the additional latency introduced by A/D conversion on analog inserts. The result? Better sound.
Your investment is protected
The MIDAS PRO1 gives you everything you need to mix a live show with no sweat. This self-contained console has ample I/O straight out of the box, yet is expandable with optional I/O hardware units when you need more board for bigger shows. These units may be placed up to 300' from your PRO1, connected with inexpensive and readily available Cat 5e cable. Bottom line, your investment is protected. MIDAS wouldn't have it any other way.
MIDAS PRO1 Digital Mixer Features:
- Self-contained digital console; may be used without external hardware
- 24 mic/line inputs with MIDAS mic preamps
- 48 simultaneous input processing channels
- 24 analog outputs (including 2 stereo local monitor outputs)
- 2 AES3 inputs, 3 AES3 outputs
- 27 sample-synchronous, phase-coherent mix buses
- Up to 12 multi-channel FX engines
- 4-band parametric EQ on each input channel
- Up to 28 instances of the KLARK TEKNIK DN370 31-band Graphic EQ
- Stereo, SIS (LCR panning) Quad (4-channel), LCRS (Left, Centre Right Surround), and 5.1 panning
- Full-color 15" daylight-viewable display screen
- 8 VCA (Variable Control Association) groups, 6 POPulation groups
- MIDI in/out/thru, ethernet, removable power supply
- 96kHz 40-bit floating-point processing throughout
- Showfiles are compatible with all MIDAS digital consoles
- Expandable with optional external hardware I/O units (max capacity: 100 inputs x 102 outputs)