Peavey's Butcher 100W tube guitar amp is a 2-channel amplifier with 5 - 12AX7 preamp tubes and 4 - EL34 power amp tubes. Both the Clean and Crunch channels feature independent 3-band EQ, plus master volume and preamp gain controls so guitarists can adjust the interplay between the preamp and power amp on each channel for an array of gain possibilities.
Both channels on the Peavey Butcher tube amp head include a separate, footswitchable gain boost, while the Crunch channel also has a 12-way Punch selector that adjusts the low-end attack of the amplifier—a handy feature that helps match the amp head to various speaker enclosures.
The master section on the Peavey Butcher amp head widens the range of possibilities with 2 footswitchable master volumes, so players can set one as a default and use the second as a solo boost; a patented Presence control that boosts the extreme high frequencies, giving the amp extra cut; and high and low gain inputs. On the Peavey Butcher's rear panel, the built-in Peavey MSDI microphone-simulated XLR direct interface eliminates the need for miking by allowing users to send the amp's signal directly to a recording device or mixing console. Additional controls on the tube amp head include a line out with level control; active effects loop with send and return level control; impedance selector; half-power switch; and a tube bias adjustment jack.
- 2 independent channels, Clean and Crunch
- 100 watts into 16, 8, or 4 ohms
- Half-power switch drops the output to 50W
- 4 x EL34 power amp tubes
- 5 x 12AX7 preamp tubes
- 3-band EQ on each channel
- Global Presence
- 2 Master Volume controls
- Global Master Volume Boost with switch and level control
- 12-way Punch attack control on Crunch channel
- Pre-gain Boost switch on both channels
- Built-in MSDI™ microphone-simulated direct XLR output
- Line out with level control
- Active effects loop with send and return level control
- Tube bias adjustments on back panel
- 4-button footswitch included