The Peavey VYPYR VIP 3 guitar modeling combo amp uses Variable Instrument Input technology to provide amplification for a variety of instruments. Not only does this combo morph from a bass amp, to an acoustic amp, to an electric amp, it also allows the guitar player to access instrument models as well. Peavey uses a combination of powerful 32-bit, floating point SHARC processors and patented TransTube analog circuitry to create one of the best sounding modeling amps available.
All VYPYR effects, amp models and parameter controls can be accessed without plugging into a computer, unlike many other modeling amps.
VYPYR's new USB bi-directional data and audio port provides an easy way to record, connect to VYPYR software, store presets, get lessons and play along to backing tracks. All of the revolutionary features from the original VYPYR series is here, plus more effects, more amp models and more instrument models.
- Patented TransTube technology
- PowerSponge 100W to 1W variable power
- 112 acoustically ported semi-closed back
- Overr 400 amp accessible presets
- LCD display
- 10 instrument models including Acoustic simulators, 12 String, Mandolin, 7 String, Baritone, Resonator, Electric Violin and Bass
- Chromatic tuner
- 12 amp accessible stompbox models plus delay reverb and wah
- 36 onboard amp models
- Six bass amp models
- Six acoustic amp models
- WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) controls
- Onboard looper
- Amp accessible dual parameter controls
- Amp accessible global reverb and delay
- 26 total onboard amp accessible effects
- Bi-directional USB - Data - MIDI - Audio record out
- Studio quality headphone out
- AUX/MP3/CD input
- Up to five effects simultaneously
- One 12" custom voiced speaker