The AudioBox 22VSL introduces a new generation of PreSonus USB 2.0 audio/MIDI interfaces that take hardware/software integration to the logical next step. Using your computer CPU and PreSonus Virtual StudioLive (VSL) software, AudioBox VSL-series interfaces provide reverb and and delay effects and the same Fat Channel compression, limiting, semi-parametric EQ, and high-pass filter, as the PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 digital mixer- all with inaudible latency. Now you can monitor and record with or without real-time dynamics processing and EQ!
What's so great about effects and processing on monitors?
Tracking without hearing effects and signal processing is like playing a video game with your eyes closed. Musicians rely on aural cues when performing, and their performance can vary depending on what they hear in their monitors. Adding just the right amount of compression, EQ, and reverb can make a huge difference in their ability to hear themselves clearly and to experience their performance as if it occurred in a natural space rather than in the artificial sonic environment of the studio. The result is a better performance and ultimately a better recording.
You have plenty of effects plug-ins for your DAW, but processing audio with a DAW takes more time than you might think. True, we're talking milliseconds, but it's long enough that if you put DAW effects in your studio monitors, you'll hear the original sound slightly before the processed signal, which is very disorienting. That much delay might be acceptable for live gigs, where the band is playing together in an ambient space that has natural delay. But you can't record that way in the studio.
Fortunately, PreSonus' engineering wizards have dramatically reduced processing delay in the AudioBox VSL series. The result: dynamics processing, EQ, reverb, and effects that feel real, with no audible delay.
And if you like what you hear, you can record with AudioBox VSL-series effects, too! These are the same high-quality StudioLive 16.0.2 Fat Channel dynamics processors and EQs that professional musicians, engineers, and producers record with every day.
- 24-bit/96kHz 2 x 2 USB 2.0 recording interface
- 2 Class A XMAX mic / instrument preamps
- 2 instrument inputs
- 2 balanced main outputs
- Near-zero-latency monitoring with extensive signal processing thanks to¦
- VSL (Virtual Studio Live): 4 x 2 DSP mixer with StudioLive16.0.2 Fat Channel dynamics processing and EQ for each analog input and its DAW return and two stereo effects buses with reverb and delay
- Over 50 Fat Channel DSP presets for enhancing instrument and vocal recordings
- Headphone amplifier
- Analog monitor mixing with playback/Input mix control knob
- Clip lights for both channels
- Globally switchable phantom power
- MIDI I/O
- Bus-powered via USB
- Rugged metal chassis
- Rack-mountable in 1/3 rack space
- Includes Studio One Artist software with unlimited track count