The VideoMicro from RODE is a compact on-camera microphone that features a cardioid condenser mic capsule for capturing audio recordings. The lightweight microphone can be used when paired with a video camera for applications such as weddings, interviews, and more.
The VideoMicro reduces distracting peripheral sound and focuses on the audio in front of the camera. The microphone body is made from aluminum, giving it a high level of RF rejection, and is finished in a ceramic anti-glare black coating. The mic is powered by camera plug-in power (min. 3V) so no battery is required.
In addition, the VideoMicro includes a Lyre shoe-mount that minimizes unwanted vibrations, handling, and cable-borne noises, and a WS9 synthetic furry windshield with a foam inner cell, designed for use in outdoor situations where wind and environmental noise can inhibit recordings. A 1/8" TRS patch cable is also included.
- Compact size and lightweight - only 80mm (3’) long and 42gm (1.5oz)
- All-metal microphone body
- No battery required (powered by camera plug-in power - min 3V)
- Rycote® Lyre® shock mount included
- Deluxe furry windshield included
- Designed and manufactured in Australia