A Compact Thunderbolt Audio Interface
With blazing-fast Thunderbolt connectivity and stellar 24-bit/192kHz audio quality, the Zoom TAC-2R Thunderbolt audio interface brings you amazing functionality for a compact, portable interface. Connections for mics, instruments, line level signals and MIDI give you the versatility you need to tackle a wide variety of recording and streaming applications. You've got independent controls for input levels, your main monitoring level, and the headphone level. Factor in the easy-to-use control software and sweet-sounding reverb and delay effects, and you've got a lot of production potential with the Zoom TAC-2R.
Zoom TAC-2R Thunderbolt Audio Interface at a Glance:
- Recording has never been easier
- High-end processing delivers better sound
- Blazing-fast performance with Thunderbolt
Recording has never been easier
The Zoom TAC-2R Thunderbolt interface is simple to use, and Sweetwater has been impressed by the high sound quality. A pair of XLR/TRS combo jacks let you hook up mics, instruments, or line signals in seconds. A convenient pair of TRS jacks in the back let you hook up your powered monitors in a flash. Best of all, the TAC-2R uses high-end Burr Brown converters for stellar sound.
High-end processing delivers better sound
The power and speed of Thunderbolt is sure to change the face of audio recording. The TAC-2R not only records, but it also performs four times upsampling of your signal during the analog-to-digital and the digital-to-analog conversion. So, when the sampling rate is set to 44.1kHz, the TAC-2R is processing the signal at 176.4kHz, which helps minimize aliasing noise and increases clarity. In other words, your audio will sound amazing.
Blazing-fast performance with Thunderbolt
Apple's Thunderbolt connectivity has opened up a world of professional recording possibilities. Thunderbolt is five times faster than USB 3.0 and up to 20 times faster than USB 2.0 and FireWire 800. This gives you the speed to record and monitor with virtually no latency. In fact, Thunderbolt is so fast, it isn't bothered by computer jitter, so you don't need a master clock. No more hunting for an extra power outlet because Thunderbolt is bus powered from your computer. It even gets enough juice to provide your mics with phantom power. Super fast, super stable, and bus powered - that's Thunderbolt!
Zoom TAC-2R Thunderbolt Audio Interface Features:
- 2-in, 2-out Thunderbolt audio interface
- Easy-to-use interface
- Extremely low latency audio
- MIDI I/O lets you use MIDI control surfaces and sequence external hardware
- TAC-2 MixEfx application allows you to add reverb or delay effects to inputs and outputs
- Phantom power to run your favorite condenser mics
- Dual XLR/TRS combo input jacks for mic and line sources
- LED meters to monitor your input and output levels
- Compact and lightweight design is easy to take with you
- Bus powered directly from your computer
- Works with Thunderbolt-equipped Macs running OS X 10.8.5 or later
- Includes Thunderbolt cable