Pocket-sized Mobile Recording Hero
Whether you're in the studio or out with your iPad, Zoom's U-44 Handy Audio Interface makes it easy to record and monitor up to four channels at a time. Microphones, line-level sources, guitars, you name it - the U-44 has the connections you need. What's more, you can connect Zoom Capsules to your U-44, adding microphones and additional preamps instantly. There's even digital S/PDIF and MIDI onboard. The preamps are the same ones found in the popular H6 Handy Recorder, and the 24-bit/96kHz digital converters are the clearest and cleanest ones Zoom has produced. Between its extensive I/O and mobile-ready design, the U-44 is an ideal on-the-go USB audio interface.
Zoom U-44 Handy Audio Interface at a Glance:
- Pocket-sized recording interface that's ready to travel
- All the connections you need, plus Zoom Capsule input
- Loaded with Zoom's top-quality preamps and conversion
Pocket-sized recording interface that's ready to travel
Few audio interfaces compare with Zoom's U-44 when it comes to sheer portability. With the U-44, USB bus power is only the beginning. For one thing, it can run on a pair of AA batteries when bus power isn't available, making it an excellent audio interface to keep with your iPad (Camera Connection Kit required). And since the U-44 is so compact, you can comfortably carry it in your jacket pocket and be ready to record whenever and wherever inspiration strikes.
All the connections you need, plus Zoom Capsule input
Despite its diminutive size, the U-44 certainly manages to pack in the I/O. A pair of TRL/XLR combo jacks serve as your main analog inputs, accommodating line-level sources and microphones - even supplying phantom power to condenser mics. What's more, there's a DI input so you can plug in your guitar. There's also coax and optical S/PDIF for digital sources and MIDI I/O for your keyboards. On top of that, you can hook up any of Zoom's Capsule modules to add extra inputs or a microphone right to your audio interface.
Loaded with Zoom's top-quality preamps and conversion
For years, Zoom has been a leader in the world of portable preamps and digital conversion, with products such as the H4N, F8, and H6 breaking new ground in affordable mobile recording quality. Onboard the U-44, you'll find the same ones from the H6 that Sweetwater customers and field recording pros love, so you know you'll get clean and clear sound. Likewise, a set of 24-bit/96kHz onboard converters delivers reliable digital audio, making it easy to record studio-ready tracks out in the field.
Zoom U-44 Handy Audio Interface Features:
- 4-channel USB recording interface for Mac, Windows, and iPad (via Camera Connection Kit)
- 2 XLR/TRS combo inputs include the microphone preamps from the H6 (with phantom power)
- Extensive analog I/O accommodates mic-, line-, and instrument-level sources
- Record and play back high-quality audio at up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution
- Connect Zoom Capsules to add microphones or expand your input connections
- Digital I/O supports standalone AD/DA conversion
- Onboard MIDI I/O accommodates keyboards and controllers
- Record for up to 4 hours on just 2 alkaline or NiMH rechargeable AA batteries
- Includes download code for Ableton Live 9 Lite